Warning & Hazard
Fuse & Circuit Protection
XTL LED Technology
- Trailer Connectors keyboard_arrow_right
- Air Products keyboard_arrow_right
- Terminals & Connectors keyboard_arrow_right
- Wire & Cable keyboard_arrow_right
- Support & Protective keyboard_arrow_right
- Switches & Electrical Assemblies keyboard_arrow_right
- Battery Connectors & Cables keyboard_arrow_right
- Kits & Tools keyboard_arrow_right
- Searching by:
- Competitive Interchanges
Grote introduces LED lamp family that combines S/T/T and Back-up functions in one compact fixture
Madison, IN, March 3, 2014: Grote has introduced a new family of LED 6”oval and 4” round Stop /Tail/Turn lamps, each equipped with an integral LED built - in back - up lamp . These new Patent Pending designs , built to industry - standard configurations, offer a wealth of advantages for OEM designers and fleet operations.
“These ‘ two - in - one ’ Grote designs combine dual functions using long - life LED technology,” said Grote Global Sales and Marketing Vice President John Grote. “ Combining these new products is an obvious and extremely useful step forward. Both designs p rovide new mounting options and benefits to fleets, OEM designers, and inventory managers over a wide range of vehicle types. Eliminating incandescent technology and replacing it with modern LEDs results in a lamp that can last the life of the vehicle it’ s installed on, which can save OEMs significant costs and their customers hundreds of dollars over the time they’re in service.”
Combining S/S/T and back - up functions in these lamps allow elimination of two holes and two lamps at the rear of straight, v ocational, and specialized vehicles as well as eliminate the need for separate back - up lamps on HD power modules. Moreover, Grote’s two - lamps - in - one design saves time and money in installation and inventory costs and eliminates potential leaks in vehicles , improves structural integrity and corrosion resistance, and leaves more room for other lamps and controls, as well as lift gates, emergency flashers, and grab rails.
- Grote designs fit existing 6” oval and 4” round grommets and flanges. In addition, the 6” oval design incorporates separate connections for each function, allowing the use of existing harness designs.
- Lamps are sealed from water and chemical ingress, severe environments, shock , and vibration.
- The 6” oval’s symmetrical design r etains FMVSS 108 - compliance, regardless of mounting angle.
- Thin profile design minimizes damage from external impact - fits in shallow depth pillar locations.
- Companion S/T/T lamps without back - up function are also available.
- Oval lamps will be available May , 2014. Round styles will be available 3 rd quarter, 2014.
Grote Industries is a leading worldwide manufacturer and supplier of lighting products and related safety systems for commercial, military, and specialized vehicles. In existence f or more than 110 years Grote engineers and manufactures LED, LED LightForm, fluorescent, and incandescent lamps, mirrors, wiring systems, turn signal switches, connections, and reflective accessories for trucks, trailers, farm and construction equipment, plus fire, rescue, and armored vehicles. Grote, a family - owned multinational company, provides state - of - the - art solutions for OEM and aftermarket customers across the globe from offices in Madison, Indiana, Markham and Waterloo Ontario, Canada, Niederwinkling, Germany, Monterrey, Mexico, and Shanghai, China.
Editors: Please use these links for photos of the two combination lamps.
The following two illustrations show the benefits of eliminating two lamps made possible with Grote’s new all - LED designs.
Grote Industries Adds Three Accomplished Employees to Leadership Team
Grote Industries continues its refocus toward creating and leading safety-related innovation with the addition of three experienced members to its leadership team.
Grote Industries Introduces the 4SEE Smart Trailer System
Grote Industries is helping to make our world safer and smarter through connected visibility. The 4SEE Smart Trailer System will enable truck fleets to optimize their safety, productivity, security, and cost savings.