UV-C is a type of ultraviolet light that has germicidal properties. At wavelengths of between 200 nm and 300 nm, ultraviolet light is readily absorbed by the nucleic acids of bacteria, viruses, molds, and pathogens, damaging their DNA and killing or rendering them incapable of reproduction. Mercury-vapor lamps have been used as a source of disinfectant UV-C light for decades, though these tubes are fragile, contain hazardous mercury, and require relatively frequent replacement.
Not the answer you're looking for? Submit your question and we will get back to you with our answer.
Can't find the answer that you we're looking for? Please fill out the following form and once answered, we will add it to our FAQ.
We will not publish your name or email address. Thank you!