How do I install the 64J11 Light Bar?
Below are the installation instructions for the 64J11, 64J21 and 64J31 LED Light Bars.
Tools required: socket set with 7/16” or 11mm socket, Electric Drill with various size drill bits (pilot hole and incrementally larger to a 5/16” for cleaner hole), #6 Allen wrench/hex key (included with the light)
Other items for a hassle free install: clear drying silicone (if mounting on the roof of cab or other area where water intrusion might be a problem), measuring tape and marking pen, mounting template of brackets to make mounting worry-free
- Confirm the contents of your box- you should have the light, a harness, brackets and mounting bolts.
- Use the socket set to remove the nuts from the two bolts on either side of the light.
- Place the black brackets onto the bolts and secure with the previously removed nuts and the socket set. You may wish to include a lock washer at this step (not included and not required).
- Identify the mounting location, measure the distance between the mounting holes on the brackets and transfer those measurements to the mounting location.
- Once you have confirmed the location and distance, drill a pilot hole and increasingly larger hole in the surface.
- Once the holes have been drilled and the wiring path identified (might require its own hole to be drilled as well) fill the hole with silicone if required and place the lamp and brackets over the holes and insert hex key bolts into the holes.
- Tighten the bolts into place. Bolts are made of 304 Stainless Steel and have a tensile strength of 700 N/mm2, 102,000 PSI and a yield strength of 450 N/mm2, 65,000 PSI.
- After the lamp has been successfully installed you can begin to complete the wiring of the lamp. Match the male and female of the waterproof style connector, plug them together.
- The harness included is 8.5 feet long and can be run under the bumper, through the grill or through the roof and eventually to the battery where the ring terminals will connect to the battery posts or mounts.
- The harness also includes a switch that can be run to the dash of the vehicle. Wherever the harness is run make sure that it located away from moving parts, fans and belts. Also make sure that it is kept as far away from heat producing parts (exhausts) as practicable.
View/Print PDF Instructions