How do I attach my LED Light Strip?
- All adhesive material must be attached to the “bottom” side of the strip. This is the side that does not display the lighting diodes.
- Peel the protective liner from one side of the double sided tape and carefully attach it to the bottom side of the LightForm strip. Press the two pieces together across the entire length of the strip. The tape can be adjusted during this process if necessary before it bonds to the strip. The bonding process takes about 12 hours.
- Place the LightForm strip against the place where you want to mount it to make sure it will be able to conform to the surface. Don’t remove the protective liner over the adhesive area on the strip just yet. For best adherence, this area should be a smooth, hard surface, devoid of rust, dirt, or any oily deposit. Make sure the wiring can reach the strip satisfactorily. The mounting area should be continuously smooth, not abruptly stepped.
- Clean the mounting area with an all-purpose cleaner such as Isopropyl alcohol.
- Place the strip on the mounting area. If all is satisfactory, remove the remaining protective liner and firmly press the strip along its entire length for about 30 seconds. The bond will cure over twelve hours.
- Attach wiring to power source. Securely connect the red wire to a positive lead. Attach the black wire to a negative ground wire or solid chassis ground.